The Campaign Builder is where campaigns are built, designed, and tested. Creating a new campaign will take you directly to the Builder after you've chosen a template.
Almost anywhere in the Dashboard, you can click on the name of an existing campaign to open it in the Campaign Builder. Also, if you'd like to jump back into the Campaign Builder for the last campaign you were working on, click the hammer icon in the top-left corner of the Dashboard.
Features of the Campaign Builder
The Builder Panels
The Campaign Builder is comprised of the following panels:
- Add Widgets Panel: This panel contains every widget that can be added to a campaign. To add a widget to your campaign, click on the icon of the widget. You can also click and drag the widget icon into the campaign itself.
- Edit Widgets Panel: This panel contains the widgets added to your campaign. From here, you can rearrange widgets by clicking and dragging them up or down; copy and paste widgets; manage visibility settings; and access the settings of each individual widget.
- Style Panel: This panel contains design settings for widgets, including background colors, button styling, fonts, and more. For more information on using the Style Panel, check out our Customizing Your Theme Design With the Style Panel help doc.
- Publications Panel: When you publish your campaign, this will create an additional panel that contains your campaign URL(s) and settings for your publication(s). This panel is usually hidden by default; to open it, click the blue banner icon at the top of the Builder.
Customizing Your Layout
The Campaign Builder is customizable to your preferences. On the far left of the Builder, you will see a toolbar containing the following settings:
- Auto Layout: Click this icon to automatically display all panels at the optimum placement.
- Add Widgets Panel: Click this icon to hide or display the Add Widgets Panel.
- Edit Widgets Panel: Click this icon to hide or display the Edit Widgets Panel.
- Style Panel: Click this icon to hide or show the Style Panel.
Note: With Auto Layout disabled, all panels can be moved anywhere on the page. Click and hold the top of any panel to move it.
The Builder Toolbar
The top toolbar consists of the following:
- Navigation: Click on the three lines ("hamburger") icon to navigate to other pages in your ShortStack account.
- Campaign Name: Click on this drop-down menu to view analytics of your campaign, make a copy of it, make a template out of it, select recent campaigns, or create a new campaign.
- Campaign Settings: Click on the Campaign Settings icon (the gear) to access additional campaign options; learn more about these in the Campaign Settings doc.
- Widget Editing Controls (Edit On/Edit Off): Click this icon to hide or show the editing settings on each widget added to your campaign. When deselected, widgets cannot be edited in the Builder, but must be edited in the Edit Widgets Panel.
- Live/Test Entries: Click this icon to determine what type of entries are showing in your Campaign Builder. The button also determines what type of entries will be submitted when you use the form in the Campaign Builder.
- Mobile Preview: Hovering over this icon will provide a QR code so that you can preview your campaign on your mobile device. This QR code is not to be used to promote your campaign, as it links to the version of the campaign in the Builder not your live published campaign.
- Refresh Builder: If you've been testing out things like form submission and actions, you can click this icon to reset the campaign to its starting point; just like the refresh button in a web browser.
- Preview: Click this icon to hide all panels and view the campaign in preview mode.
- Publish Campaign: Select this blue button when you are ready for your campaign to go live. This will activate the Publications Panel, which contains additional publishing settings.
- Help: Click this icon to access the Campaign Builder tutorial, help documentation, help videos, or our support desk.
- Manage Your Account: Access your account and profile by clicking on your profile pic on the far right. This drop-down menu also contains both the Light and Dark settings of the Builder, which change the background colors of the Builder itself.