The Campaign Builder is where campaigns are built, designed, and tested. Creating a new campaign will take you directly to the builder.
Access the Campaign Builder at any time by clicking on the Builder link at the top of all pages within ShortStack.
Features of the Campaign Builder
The Campaign Builder is comprised of the following panels:
- Add Widgets Panel: This panel contains every widget that can be added to a campaign. To add a widget to your campaign, click on the icon of the widget. You can also click and drag the widget into the campaign itself.
- Edit Widgets Panel: This panel contains the widgets added to your campaign. From here, you can rearrange widgets by clicking and dragging them up or down; copy and paste widgets; manage visibility settings; and access the settings of each individual widget.
- Style Panel: This panel contains design settings for widgets, including background colors, button styling, fonts, and more. For more information on using the Style Panel, click here.
- Publications Panel: When you publish your campaign, this will create an additional panel that contains your Campaign URL(s). You will also have access to publish to a Facebook Page (if you're on the Business Plan or higher).
The Campaign Builder is customizable to your preferences. On the far left of the Builder, you will see a toolbar containing the following settings:
- Auto Layout: Click this icon to automatically display all panels at the optimum placement.
- Add Widgets Panel: Click this icon to hide or display the Add Widgets Panel.
- Edit Widgets Panel: Click this icon to hide or display the Edit Widgets Panel.
- Style Panel: Click this icon to hide or show the Style Panel.
NOTE: With Auto Layout disabled, all panels can be moved anywhere on the page. Click and hold the top of a panel to move it.
The top toolbar consists of the following:
- Navigation: Click on the ShortStack icon to navigate to other pages in ShortStack.
- Campaign Name: Click on this dropdown menu to view analytics of your campaign, make a copy of it, make a template out of it, select recent campaigns, or create a new campaign.
- Campaign Settings: Click on the Campaign Settings icon (the gear) to access additional campaign options; learn more about these in the Campaign Settings doc.
- Widget Editing Controls: Click this icon to hide or show the editing settings on each widget added to your campaign. When deselected, widgets cannot be edited in the Builder, but must be edited in the Edit Widgets Panel.
- Live Entries: Click this icon to hide or show live entries submitted to your campaign. This does not include test entries used to populate Form, Voting, or Entry Count Widgets.
- Preview: Click this icon to hide all panels and view the campaign in preview mode.
- Publish Campaign: Select this blue button when you are ready for your campaign to go live. This will activate the Publications Panel, which contains additional publishing settings.
- Help: Click this icon to access the Campaign Builder tutorial, help documentation, help videos, or our support desk.
- Manage Your Account: Access your account and profile by selecting on the picture in far right. This dropdown menu also contains both the Light and Dark settings of the Builder, which change the background colors of the Builder itself.