A common scenario when running a contest is wanting to show off your winners when the contest is complete; who doesn't like shining a spotlight on the lucky entrants? With the Entry Widget's filter by label feature, we make this super easy to do - here's how:
Labeling Your Entries
To be able to filter your entries by label, you'll need to label the entries you'd like to showcase. There are two different ways to do this; either by tagging the entries manually in the Entries Manager or — in the case of winning entries — using the label field in the Random Entry Picker or the labeling feature in the instant win settings.
To label the entries manually:
- From your Dashboard, click on Lists at the top to open the Lists Manager.
- Find the name of the list that contains the entries you want to display, and click the number of entries to the right of the list name.
- This will open the Entries Manager for that list. Find the entry (or entries) you want to display, and click them so that they're highlighted - you can select multiple at one time.
- Click Label at the top.
- In the drop-down, use the provided field to add labels - pressing Enter/Return after each one.
More information about adding labels using the Random Entry Picker can be found in the How to Select Winners help doc, and all the information you need about setting up an Instant Win campaign (including labeling your winning entries) can be located in our Instant Win help doc.
Setting Up the Entry Widget
Once your entries have been labeled, open your campaign in the Campaign Builder and take the following steps:
- Click the edit icon on your Entry Display Widget to open the widget settings pop-up.
- In the List Display section, expand the Filtering subsection.
- Check the Filter by label box; this will expand to show an empty field.
- Type in the label(s) that you've added to the entry or entries you want to display, pressing Enter/Return after each label.
- Click Save and Exit.
To send your changes to your live campaign, you'll then need to click the Publish Changes button at the top of the Campaign Builder.