Embedding is a publishing option that allows you to place your campaign on your website. This helps to promote your campaign by leveraging the traffic that the website already brings in. Here are the steps to follow to embed your campaign:
- When your campaign is ready to be published, click the blue Publish Campaign button in the corner of the Campaign Builder.
- Click the blue Embedded on Website button in the pop-up.
- Next, you'll be asked to enter the exact URL of the web page where your campaign will be displayed. You can change this later, if needed. Once that's complete, click the blue Next button.
- Now you can customize the URL for the campaign. Keep in mind that since you're embedding the campaign, the only time any visitors would see this URL is when they're sharing it, or if you set things up to direct mobile visitors to the stand-alone landing page version of your campaign (which is highly recommended) - a little more information about this can be found in this step in the I'm embedding my campaign... section at the bottom of the pop-up.
If you'd like to customize the subdomain, click on the subdomain in the displayed URL (by default, it will be m), then type the subdomain you'd like to use into the Subdomain field that appears. When finished, click on the checkmark button.
If you're on the Pro Plan or higher, you can customize the domain. Click on the domain in the displayed URL to open a drop-down that will display the domains you can select from - select the domain you'd like to use.
Note: For more information on using a custom domain (one not on the predetermined list), check out our Publishing to a Custom Domain help doc.
When everything is set up to your liking, click the Publish button, and you're ready to grab your embed code!
Extra Steps: Facebook Integration
If you have any Facebook integrations (like using the Login Field in your Form Container, or restricting voting by Facebook login), you'll notice there are more steps required before publishing:
- You'll be asked to set add in your Facebook App settings - specifically, the App ID and the App Secret. If you don't have an existing app, you'll need to create a new one.
For more help on how to get set up with a Facebook App, check out this handy video:
Once you've provided the required information using the fields, click the Next button.
- This next prompt will walk you through making your Facebook App live, which is required. Once you've followed the steps, click the Publish button - and now you're ready to get the embed code!
Grabbing Your Code
- Now, to cover grabbing the embed code for your website. Make sure Website is selected up top, then click the blue Copy button to copy the iFrame code. This is the code you'll need to paste into the back-end code of your website.
Note: For more in-depth information on where to put that code, or how to embed your campaign as a pop-up, see the following help docs:
How to Embed to Squarespace, WordPress, Shopify or Wix
Embed Your Campaign as a Pop-up on Your Website
- You'll also want to click Advanced Settings to look at those options. By default, the code is set to automatically resize the iFrame in which the campaign appears, based on the dimensions of the campaign and the space in which the iFrame has to fit. Using this setting is highly recommended; however, if you want to use a fixed size instead, click the Fixed size radio button, and type in a width and height into the fields.
Note: If you've made any changes in the Advanced Settings section, you must re-copy the embed code, as changes will have been made.
- Once everything is set and you have the code pasted into your website, click the blue Close button at the bottom.
From there, you're all done! To manage any publications, click on the bookmark icon in the corner of the Campaign Builder to be taken to your Publications Panel.