Note: Embedding is available on the Business Plan or above.
Embedding is a publishing option that allows you to place your campaign in your own website. This helps to promote your campaign by leveraging the traffic that the website already brings in. Here are the steps to follow to embed your campaign:
- When your campaign is ready to be published, click the blue Publish Campaign button in the top-right corner of the Campaign Builder.
- Before proceeding, you will see a Campaign Checklist; the aim of the checklist is to help you make sure your campaign is as complete as possible. This step is optional, but we do highly recommend taking a look at any areas that might need attention. Once you're done, click the blue Next button.
Note: If you're a pro at building campaigns and no longer need to view the checklist when publishing, simply check the Skip This Step in the Future box in the bottom-left before clicking Next.
- Click the blue Embedded on Website button in the pop-up.
- Next, you'll be asked to enter the URL of your web page where the campaign will be displayed. You can change this later, if needed. Once that's complete, click the blue Next button.
- If you have Sharing or Refer-A-Friend added to your campaign, you'll see a brief video explaining how and why our system assigns a ShortStack URL to your campaign. Click Next to proceed.
- This leads to a page where you can customize the URL for the campaign. Keep in mind that since you're embedding the campaign, the only time any visitors would see this URL is when they're sharing it, or if you set things up to direct mobile visitors to the stand-alone landing page version of your campaign (highly recommended).
A walkthrough of customizing your URL (both subdomain and domain) can be found in our Publishing a Campaign help doc.
Clicking on Advanced Settings will open a section where you can edit the Mobile Behavior of your campaign. Since some embedded campaigns can appear glitchy on mobile devices, this gives you the option to have your campaign URL redirect to a stand-alone page to sidestep any potential issues.
When you have everything set up to your liking, click the blue Publish button.
- In this doc, we'll cover grabbing the Website Code. For more in-depth information on where to put that code, or how to embed as a pop-up, see the following help docs:
How to Embed to SquareSpace, Wordpress, Shopify or Wix
Embed Your Campaign as a Pop-up on Your Website
Make sure Website is selected up top, then click the blue Copy button to copy the iFrame code. This is the code that you'll need to paste into the backend code of your website.
- You'll also want to click Advanced Settings to take a look at those options. By default, your site should be set to automatically resize the iFrame in which the campaign appears, based on the dimensions of the campaign and the space in which the iFrame has to fit. Using this setting is highly recommended; however, if you want to use a fixed size instead, click the Fixed size radio button, and type in a width and height into the fields.
Note: If you've made any changes in the Advanced Settings section, you will need to go back to the Website tab and re-copy the code there.
- Once everything is set and you have the code pasted into your website, click the blue Done button at the bottom.
From there, you're all done! To manage any publications, click on the bookmark icon in the top-right of the Campaign Builder to be taken to your Publications Panel.