The Container Widget groups widgets together. Unlike most other widgets, the Container Widget does not add a feature to your app. Instead, it's used to change the appearance and layout of your app. For example, if you change the visibility settings on a Container Widget, that setting is applied to every widget inside the Container.
Add the Container Widget
- Click the Container Widget icon in the Add Widgets Panel to add it to your campaign.
- In the Edit Widgets Panel, find the Container Widget and its icon.
- Click and drag a widget from the Add Widgets Panel, or click and drag a widget already in the Edit Widgets Panel, and release it in the area with the dashed outline in the Edit Widgets Panel. This will place that widget within the Container.
Once you place widgets inside the Container Widget, you can make changes to every widget inside the Container Widget by simply editing the Container Widget. There are three options:
- Device Visibility & Backgrounds: You can set the mobile/desktop visibility of the container and add a background image or color to the Container Widget by using the Style Panel.
- Visibility: Set up display settings, start and stop showing times, country visibility settings, and more.
- Styling: Use the Extra CSS Classes field to add one or more CSS classes. For more information on extra CSS classes, see the Styling Menu document.
Note: ShortStack places priority on a Container Widget’s visibility settings over the visibility settings on the widgets inside the Container. If a Container Widget is not set to be visible, none of the widgets inside it will be visible. If a Container Widget is set to be visible, then ShortStack will evaluate the visibility settings of each widget inside it and display those widgets accordingly.