Use the Form Widget to display a form. Read the Form Designer article to learn how to setup a form to display in the Form Widget.
Use the drop-down menu to choose an existing form or create a new one.
Select a Form
To Select an Existing Form
Choose a form from the drop-down menu. All the forms/databases associated with your account will be listed in the dropdown.
To Create a New Form
- Choose I want to create a new form from the drop-down menu and click the Create New Form button that displays to the right of the dropdown.
- In the popup that appears, enter a name for your form, enter the number of test entries you would like ShortStack to generate in the Number of test entries to create box, then click the Create and Continue to Form Designer button to be directed to the Form Designer.
- Within the Form Designer, create your form. See the Form Designer for further instructions.
- When finished, click Save Form at the bottom of the Form Designer. You will automatically return to the Campaign Builder, where the form you designed will appear in the Form Widget.
- Continue editing the widget to configure additional settings as desired.
- Click the Save & Exit button when you are finished adding a form and/or editing the Form Widget.
You could also create a new form within the Forms/Entries section of your account, then connect that form to your Form Widget via the dropdown.
Automatically refresh Voting and Entry Count Widgets when user submits entry
Check this box to refresh the Voting and Entry Count Widgets upon entry and display the correct number in real time. If left unchecked, these numbers will not refresh until the Campaign is refreshed. This option does not work if you manually approve entries.
To enable sharing, choose a Share Widget to display
To enable widget sharing, you must first have a Share Widget added to your campaign. Otherwise, you will see the following error message:
You have not added any Share Widgets. To enable sharing for this widget, add a Share Widget to your Campaign,
then return here.
Once you add a Share Widget, use the drop-down menu to select a Share Widget to connect to. This will display a Share popup after form submission.
Use Title from Share Widget
By default, the share dialog will use the information the entrant submits in the Entry Title field, if any/applicable. Check this box to ignore the information submitted by the user and use the title you configured in the Share Widget instead.
Use Description from Share Widget
By default, the share dialog will use the information the entrant submits in the Entry Description field, if any/applicable. Check this box to ignore the information submitted by the user and use the description you configured in the Share Widget instead.
Use Image from Share Widget
By default, the dialog will use the information the entrant submits in the Photo field, if any/applicable. Check this box to ignore the image submitted by the user and use the image you configured in the Share Widget instead.
Skip the Refer-a-Friend Popup
Check the Skip the Refer-a-Friend Popup box to only show the Share dialog. This check box only applies when the Refer-a-Friend feature is enabled on the form.