Form Integrations allow you to submit list entries into external services automatically. Once you enable Form Integrations, all new entries will be sent to the service you configured. However, pre-existing entries are not retroactively submitted.
Note: Integrations and webhooks are only available on the Business Plan or higher.
- Click Lists in the main menu.
- To the right of each list's name, there's a down arrow button; click that button to open a drop-down menu, then click Integrations.
- To get to the Form Designer from the Campaign Builder, click the Design Form icon on your Form Widget, then click the Integrations tab at the top. You'll then see your integrations options in the pane on the right.
What does it do?
MailChimp is a newsletter marketing service that allows its users to design, send, and track email newsletter campaigns. The MailChimp integration can be configured to add the entrant's details to the MailChimp list you choose.
- MailChimp requires that users "opt-in" to receive your newsletter, so you must have a checkbox field on your form for this purpose.
- MailChimp also requires an email address, so you must have an email address field on your form.
- Subscribe user to a MailChimp list - Enables MailChimp form integration.
- Choose a Check Box - Select a checkbox from your form to use as the "opt-in" field.
- Send this Notice to new Subscribers - These notices are configured in your MailChimp account.
- MailChimp API Key - The API Key can be found by clicking Get API Key, or inside your MailChimp account under Account > Extras > API Keys.
- Get Lists - Retrieves the newsletter lists from your MailChimp account.
- MailChimp List - ShortStack will add the user to this MailChimp list.
Form Field Mapping
- Email Address - The name of the "merge field" from your MailChimp list. These fields can be changed from your MailChimp list's settings.
- Customer Ad Tracking Field - The name of the field on your ShortStack form.
- Miscellaneous Notes
- Subscriber Name
We suggest using a program called Zapier to set up webhooks for third-party apps for which we don't have native integrations.
You can read all about how to set up webhooks in this doc.
Most integration errors are caused by one or more of the following issues:
- The external service's fields have changed.
- The external service contains a required field that the ShortStack form isn't collecting.
- The account information (API Token, Highrise URL, etc.) has changed and needs to be updated.
- The external service is currently inaccessible.
When ShortStack has trouble sending an entry to an integrated service, the error will be noted within the affected entry in your ShortStack form database.
To identify errors:
- Select Lists from the main menu.
- Click the name of the list to view its entries.
- Any entries that experienced integration errors will display a yellow warning icon. Click the icon for details on the error.