This tutorial will walk you through choosing a template, creating and editing a campaign, and then publishing the campaign to a landing page. It doesn't cover all of ShortStack’s features, but it will help you understand how campaign building works.
Choosing a Template
Templates help you get started quickly because the widgets are already added and—to an extent—configured for you. If you can't find exactly what you want, you can always edit the template in the in the Campaign Builder.
- After clicking the Campaign button on the Dashboard, the Template Gallery will appear.
- Browse through our selection of templates by category, or search for one using the search field.
- Previews for the templates will appear on the right side.
- Hover over any of the thumbnails to see additional options, including the option to preview the template.
- Once you find a template you like, click the Use This Template button to load the template in the Campaign Builder.
Customizing the Campaign
Once you've selected your template, you'll be redirected to the Campaign Builder to make your changes. On the left side of the Campaign Builder, there is a row of icons that open and close the panels. Panels contain the features you'll use to customize the campaign. Find the icons for the Add Widgets () and Edit Widgets () panels. If they're not open already, open them now.
- Add Widgets has icons for all of the ShortStack widgets you can add to your campaign. To add a widget, click its icon. For more information on this panel, check out the Add Widgets Panel help doc.
- Edit Widgets shows the widgets already added to the campaign. Here you can click and drag widgets to rearrange them, edit widget settings, delete widgets, and more. You can learn more about this panel in the Edit Widgets Panel help doc.
We won’t customize the entire campaign in this guide. Instead, we’ll customize an Image Widget so that you can see how this process works:
- Find an Image Widget in the Edit Widget Panel, click on it to highlight it, then click on its edit icon.
- Click Select Image to open the Image Selector.
- Drag an image from your computer into the popup, click Select Files to browse your computer for a file, or click the Enter URL link to upload a file from the web. When the image is uploaded (or to use an image already uploaded to ShortStack) click the thumbnail of the image you want to use, then click the Use Selected button.
- Click Save & Exit save your changes.
Now let's change the look of the entire campaign by selecting a theme using the Style Panel. Find the icon for the Style Panel () next to the other panel icons, and click on it (if the Style Panel isn't already open). Then, click on the Change link at the top, under the name of the current theme.
- Click on a few of the themes to see how they change the campaign.
- When you find one you like, click Save to use that theme and close the Theme Selector.
Publishing the Campaign
- Find and click on the Publish Campaign button at the top of the page.
- Go through the steps to publish your campaign as a landing page. For a complete step-by-step of that process, check out our Publishing a Campaign help doc.
Congratulations, your campaign is published! Copy the Campaign URL and use it in Facebook posts, tweets, blog posts, emails, and anywhere else you have a presence to link users to your campaign.