This tutorial will walk you through choosing a template, creating a campaign, and then publishing the campaign to the Web. It doesn't cover all of ShortStack’s features, but it will help you understand how ShortStack works.
Choose a Template
Templates help you get started faster because the widgets are already added and—to an extent—configured for you. If you don’t like what you see, you can change the template in the in the Campaign Builder.
- After clicking the New Campaign button, click Start With a Template.
- Browse through our selection of templates by category, or search for one using our search bar.
- Previews for the templates will appear on the right.
- Hover over any of the thumbnails to see additional options, including the option to preview the template.
- Once you find a template you like, click the Use This Template button to load the template in the Campaign Builder.
Customize the Campaign
Once you've selected your template, you'll be redirected to the Campaign Builder to make your changes. On the left side of the Campaign Builder, there is a row of icons that open and close the panels. Panels contain the features you'll use to customize the campaign. Find the icons for the Add Widgets () and Edit Widgets () panels. If they're not open already, open them now.
- Add Widgets has icons for all of ShortStack’s widgets. To add a widget, click its icon. For more information on this panel, check out the Add Widgets Panel help doc.
- Edit Widgets shows the widgets already added to the campaign. Here you can click and drag widgets to rearrange them, edit widget settings, delete widgets, and more. You can learn more about this panel in the Edit Widgets Panel help doc.
We won’t customize the entire campaign in this guide. Instead, we’ll customize an Image Widget so that you can see how this process works:
- Find an Image Widget in the Edit Widget Panel and click on its edit icon ().
- Click Select Image to open the Image Selector.
- Drag an image from your computer, or click the Upload from URL link to upload a file from the web. To use an image already uploaded to ShortStack, click the Browse Your Images tab.
- Once you've got your image, click Select to close the Image Selector.
- Click Save & Exit save your changes.
Now let's change the look of the entire campaign by selecting a theme using the Style Panel. Find the icon for the Style Panel () next to the other panel icons, and click on it. Then, click on the Change link at the top, under the name of the current theme.
- Click on a few of the themes to see how they change the campaign.
- When you find one you like, click Save to use that theme and close the Theme Selector.
Publish the Campaign
- Find and click on the Publish Campaign button at the top of the page.
- Go through the steps to publish your campaign as a landing page. For a complete step-by-step of that process, check out our Publishing a Campaign help doc.
Congratulations, your campaign is published! Copy the Campaign URL and use it in Facebook Status Updates, tweets, blog posts, and anywhere else you have a presence to link users to your campaign.