ShortStack for Teams allows for collaboration between users. As the Owner of a team, you may invite other users to be Admins or Members of your team with access to assets including campaigns, lists, media, custom templates, custom themes, and custom snippets.
In order to be an Owner of a team, you must be on the Agency Plan or higher.
The Agency Plan includes your role as Owner and the ability to purchase additional team members with Admin or Member permission, while the Brand Plan subscription includes five team member spots. In addition, you may add as many View Only team members as you would like without an additional fee. For more information on team member roles and their capabilities, see Team Roles below. To add additional admins or members you must purchase a spot for them. Please refer to our pricing page for more information.
If you are not subscribed to a qualifying plan, you will need to upgrade your account before you can create a team or add team members.
If you have been invited by another ShortStack user to be a member of his or her team, you will receive an email with a link you must click to join. If you are an existing ShortStack user, clicking the link will direct you to the Switch Team menu, where you can choose to use ShortStack as yourself, or use ShortStack as a member of the new team. If you are not an existing ShortStack user, clicking the link will prompt you to sign up for a free ShortStack account prior to joining the team.
Click on your name in the top-right of the navigation menu and select Manage Team from the drop-down menu. If Manage Team isn't an option, you are either using ShortStack as a member of another team (see Switching Teams below), or you need to upgrade your ShortStack Plan.
There are three team member roles:
- Owner: The person who subscribed to the ShortStack account. The owner of the account possesses all of the campaigns, lists, and other assets, even if admins or members create the assets. The owner is the only person who can change the subscription and transfer resources.
- Admin: The permission level below owner. Admins can add other admins and members.
- Member: A permission level granted by either the owner or the admin. Members can create assets for the team, but cannot delete them.
- View Only: A permission granted by either the owner or the admin. View Only users can view campaigns, analytics, entries, and entry votes, but cannot create or change any assets.
To add a new team member, click on the orange Invite New Team Member button at the top-left of the Manage Team page and take the following steps:
- Enter the invitee's email addresses.
- Write a short message (optional).
- Select a role for the new team member. Owners and admins can assign new team members the role of admin or member. Members cannot add new members.
- Assign a tag to the new team member (optional). Upon accepting your invitation, they will have access to all assets with that tag.
- Click Send Email Invitation.
The pending invitations will appear below. Invitations are good for 72 hours, but you can re-send them at any time and as often as you’d like, until the invitation is accepted or until you delete it. To delete a pending invitation, click the X button to the right of the pending invitation.
What happens when you click the Send Email Invitations button?
An email is sent to the invitee, and he or she must click the link in the email in order to join the team.
- If the invitee's email address is already registered to a ShortStack account, they simply click the link in the email to accept the invitation.
- If their email address is not registered to a ShortStack account, they will be prompted to create a free ShortStack account prior to joining the team.
Tags allow you to organize campaigns, lists, media, custom templates, custom themes, and custom snippets. Tags are commonly used to organize assets by client or by team member.
Creating a Tag for a Team Member
To create a tag for a team member, find them in the list of team members at the right. Click the tag icon under their name, and enter your tag in the field that appears. Hit Enter to save.
Tags appear in the tag cloud at the left. To filter by tag, simply click on a tag, and the team member list at the right will refresh to display only users with that tag.
To rename existing tags, click the blue Rename Tags link, and then click on any existing tag in the Filter Tags menu. The tag name will switch to an edit field. Type in a new name, and hit Enter to save.
Click Team Nickname at the bottom left to change your team's name. When you're finished with your changes, hit Enter.
If you are already a ShortStack user subscribed to your own plan and you are invited to join another team, you will need to switch teams in order to access the other team's content. To do this:
- Click your name in the top-right corner of ShortStack.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, select Switch Team.
- You will be directed to the Switch Team menu, where you will be able to see all teams that you are a member of, including your own personal ShortStack account.
- Click on one of the teams, and you will begin using ShortStack as that user.