Publishing a Campaign
To publish a campaign, visit the campaign in the Campaign Builder, and click the Publish Campaign button. See Publishing for more information.
Note: Publishing to a Facebook Page is only available if the Page has 2,000 Likes or more.
Changing a Campaign's Name on Facebook
Each campaign you publish to Facebook has a name. This is different from the name you give the campaign when you first create it in the Campaign Manager.
When you Quick Publish a campaign, you are using ShortStack's Facebook app to publish to Facebook, and thus the name cannot be customized - it'll display as "ShortStack" on your Facebook Page.
When you Publish a Campaign with Custom Branding, you give it a custom name during the publishing process. Or, you can visit a custom-published campaign in the Campaign Builder, click on the gear icon in the top-left to open the Campaign Settings, select Custom Publish, then find the Campaign Name field, enter the new name for the campaign, and click Save.
If you change the name of a campaign that's already published, make sure you click the Publish Changes button to push the change live.
Changing the Icons, Display Name, and Permissions Prompt
These settings can only be changed for campaigns published with custom branding. See Customizing Your Custom Published Campaign for further instructions.
Sharing a Campaign
Whenever you link people to your campaign, use the campaign URL ShortStack gives you after you complete the publish process. If you're sharing a link to a campaign that's published to Facebook, never use the URL Facebook gives you, because the Facebook URL for the campaign is not mobile friendly. For more information, see the Viewing Campaigns on Mobile Devices document for more information.
Hiding or Showing Published Campaigns
Once a campaign is installed, you can hide it without uninstalling it. Hiding it makes the campaign inaccessible, even if a user has the direct URL to the campaign.
Hiding a Campaign
- Head to your Facebook Page.
- Click Settings at the top-right.
- Select Templates and Tabs from the column at the left.
- Find the application you’d like to hide and click Settings.
- Click on the Edit Settings link near the bottom of the app info.
- In the Edit Settings popup window, find Tab and click the corresponding remove link - it won't appear like anything happens, but you only need to click it once. When you have, click Okay.
- Click the Save button.
When you hide a campaign on Facebook, ShortStack still counts the campaign as published to that Page. If you are trying to remove a campaign from a Page, you must uninstall the campaign by logging in to ShortStack, heading to the Campaign Builder, opening the Manage Publications Panel, and clicking the Uninstall icon (the trash can) to the right of the publication name.
Showing a Hidden Campaign
- Follow steps 1-5 of the Hiding a Campaign section above.
- In the Edit Settings popup window, find Tab and click the corresponding add link - it won't appear like anything happens, but you only need to click it once. When you have, click Okay.
- Click the Save button.