These features available on All Plans (except where noted)
Click Lists in the main menu.
The Lists Manager houses all of the form databases (we call them Lists) you've created previously, and has buttons for creating new lists, doing social imports, and importing lists from external sources (if you are on a paid plan).
Your lists will appear on the right-hand side. Each info pane will show you the following information:
- The name of the list
- The last time the list was updated
- The date the list was created
- The number of entries in the list
- How many emails have been sent to the list
- How many campaigns (sources) are feeding into the list
If you hover over the name, you'll see an edit icon to the right; click this to rename the list. Type the new name, then click the blue checkmark button to lock it in.
Click the button on the right to jump directly into the List Settings for that list. Next to that, a drop-down menu with more options is also available for managing the list.
Additional List Options
By clicking the arrow to open the drop-down menu, you'll get these additional options:
Clicking View Entries will take you directly to the Entries Manager page for your list.
The Integrations option will open the Integrations section of the Form Designer for that list to show you which (if any) integrations are set up, and allow you to set one up if you do not have one established. For information on setting up integrations, see our Form Integrations help doc.
If there is already an integration in use, you will see a checkmark next to the option in the drop-down.
Selecting Email Alerts will open the Alerts section of the Form Designer for that list so you can adjust the settings if needed. You can edit the email address(es) that the alerts are sent to, the Email from address, Email subject line, Entry time zone, Approval Settings, and any custom email template settings.
Clicking Import From... allows you to add entries to the selected list using the Facebook Post Likes/Comments Importer or the Instagram Comments Importer.
Using the Copy option allows you to make a copy of the list.
This feature available on the Agency Plan
If you're using ShortStack for Teams to grant access of your account assets to other teammates, clicking Permissions is where you can set the specific access levels of the selected list for your team members.
To hide a list but not delete it completely—especially useful if you work with a large number of lists—click Archive. This will remove the selected list from view in the Lists Manager unless you have the Show Archived checkbox checked in the filtering section.
Note: Entries in archived lists still count toward your plan's entry allowance. The only way to remove entries from your allowance is to delete the list permanently.
By clicking Delete, you can remove the list from your account entirely. This also removes all of the entries in the list from your entry count.
Use the Search field in the top-left corner of the page to look through your entries using a single word or phrase. The Tag field (if you are on the Agency Plan or higher) allows you to search through your lists by simply typing in a tag that's attached to one or more lists. Your results will automatically be displayed on the right.
Your filtering options appear on the left-hand side. Your options are to view by Form Compatibility or Archived status (or any combination of the two), and when you make a selection your results will appear on the right side. After you've selected a filter, you can clear the filter by clicking the icon next to the filter name.
To sort the lists, click the button next to the number of lists at the top. Your options are to sort your lists by Recently Updated, Most Entries, and Least Entries.
Creating a New List
Creating a New List Using a Form Container/Field Widgets
To create a new list using an entry form that you'll be adding to a campaign:
- Click the New List button in the top-right.
- You'll be asked to name the list and add any tags you'd like the list to have. Enter those and click Continue.
- This will direct you to the Form Designer - create your form, then click Save & Exit and your list will be added.
See the Form Designer article for more information on designing your list's form.
Creating a New List Using the Facebook or Instagram Importer
Here's how to create a new list by pulling comments and likes from a post on your Facebook Timeline, or comments from a post on your Instagram account:
- Click the Social Import button in the top-right.
- A pop-up will ask what method you'll be using to collect entries. Your options are to import entries through a Facebook post, or import entries from an Instagram Post. Click either Facebook or Instagram to continue.
- Regardless of which option you select, you'll be asked to name the list and add any tags you'd like the list to have. Enter those and click Continue.
- At this point, you'll just need to follow the steps to finish the import. For more information on importing from Facebook, check out our How to Import Comments and Reactions from Facebook help doc, and for Instagram check out the How to Import Comments from an Instagram Post doc.
Importing an Existing List Using The List Uploader
If you have an existing .csv file you'd like to upload to our system, that's possible using our Importer tool. Here's how:
- Click the Import List button in the top-right.
- You'll be directed to our Import page. Fill out the form, then click the Submit My Application button at the bottom. From there, you'll hear back from us via email for the rest of the process.
Working With Lists
There are a few other options available when working with lists; you'll see the bar appear up top when you've clicked a list to highlight it.
This feature available on the Agency Plan
Clicking the Tag button will allow you to add tags to all of the selected lists. It also has an area that shows you all the tags already applied to the lists. Just type the tags you wish to add (with a comma between each), hit Enter/Return on your keyboard, then click the blue Save button.
Any selected lists will be archived when you click the Archive button; you'll see them disappear from view immediately.
To view or restore any lists you've archived, start by checking the Show Archived box in the filtering options on the left.
You will then see any archived lists appear on the right. Click to select any lists you'd like to restore, then click Restore at the top of the screen. They'll disappear from the archive view, and be moved into the default view.
The other available option is another way to delete lists; if you'd like to delete multiple lists at once, click each one to highlight it, then click the Delete button up top. You'll be asked to type in a short phrase to confirm, then click the red Delete button to finalize the deletion.
Note: Again - deleting lists is permanent, so make absolutely sure you have the lists' entries exported (if needed) before you delete them.