For a helpful video walkthrough of the Lists Manager, check out this help doc.
Click Lists in the main menu.
The Lists Manager houses all of the form databases (we call them Lists) you've created previously, and has buttons for creating new lists.
Your lists will appear on the right-hand side. Each info pane will show you the following information:
- The name of the list
- The last time the list was updated
- The number of entries in the list
- How many emails have been sent to the list
- How many campaigns (sources) are feeding into the list
If you hover over the name, you'll see an edit icon to the right; click this to rename the list. Type the new name, then click the blue checkmark button to lock it in.
There's also a button on the right that allows you to jump directly into the Form Editor for that list, and a drop-down menu with more options for managing the list.
Additional List Options
By clicking the drop-down menu on the right-hand side of any list, you'll get these additional options.
Clicking View Entries will take you directly to the Entries Manager page for your list.
The Integrations option will show you which (if any) integrations are set up for the list, and allow you to set one up if you do not have one established. For information on setting up an integration, see our Form Integrations help doc.
If there is already an integration in use, you will see a checkmark next to the option.
Selecting Email Alerts, you can set up the address to which email notifications of new entries to the list are sent.
Clicking Import From... allows you to add entries to the existing list using the Facebook Post Likes/Comments Importer or the Instagram Comments Importer.
Using the Copy option allows you to make a copy of the list.
If you're using ShortStack for Teams to grant access of your campaigns and lists to other teammates, clicking Permissions is where you can set the specific access levels for your team members.
By clicking Delete, you can remove the list from your account entirely. This also removes all of the entries in the list from your entry count.
Note: Deleting lists is permanent, so make absolutely sure you have the list's entries exported (if needed) before you delete the list.
Use the Search field in the top-left corner of the page to look through your entries using a single word or phrase. The Tag field allows you to search through your entries by simply typing in a tag that's attached to one or more lists. Your results will automatically be displayed on the right.
To sort the lists, click the button next to the number of lists at the top. Your options are to sort your lists by Recently Updated, Most Entries, and Least Entries.
Creating a New List Using a Form
To create a new list using an Entry Form that you'll be adding to a campaign:
- Click the New List button in the top-right.
- You'll be asked to name the list and add any tags you'd like the list to have. Enter those and click Continue.
- This will direct you to the Form Designer - create your form, then click Save and your list will be added.
See the Form Designer article for more information on designing your list's form.
Creating a New List Using the Facebook or Instagram Importer
Here's how to create a new list by pulling Comments and Likes from a Post on your Facebook Timeline, or Comments from a Post on your Instagram account:
Note: The Social Import feature is only available on the Business Plan or higher.
- Click the Social Import button in the top-right.
- A pop-up will ask what method you'll be using to collect entries. Your options are to import entries through your FB Timeline, or import entries from an Instagram Post. Click either Timeline or Instagram to continue.
- Regardless of which option you select, you'll be asked to name the list and add any tags you'd like the list to have. Enter those and click Continue.
- At this point, you'll just need to follow the steps to finish the import. For more information on importing from Facebook, check out our How to Import Comments and Likes from Facebook Status Updates help doc, and for Instagram check out the How to Import Comments from an Instagram Post doc.
Importing an Existing List Using Our List Uploader
If you have an existing .csv file you'd like to upload to our system, that's possible using our Importer tool. Here's how:
Note: The Import List feature is only available on the Business Plan or higher.
- Click the Import List button in the top-right.
- You'll be directed to our Import page. Fill out the form, then click the Submit My Application button all the way at the bottom. From there, you'll hear back from us via email for the rest of the process.
There are a couple other options available when working with lists; you'll see the bar appear up top when you've clicked a list to highlight it.
Clicking the Tag button will allow you to add tags to all of the selected lists. It also has an area that shows you all the tags already applied to the lists. Just type the tags you wish to add (with a comma between each) and then click the blue Save button.
The other available option is just another way to delete lists; if you'd like to delete multiple lists at once, click each one to highlight it, then click the Delete button up top. You'll be asked to type in a short phrase to confirm, then click the red Delete button to finalize the deletion.
Note: Again - deleting lists is permanent, so make absolutely sure you have the lists' entries exported (if needed) before you delete them.