From the Home screen, click Manage in the main menu, then select Lists from the drop-down. Or, if you've favorited the Lists Manager, simply click Lists in the top bar of the Home screen.
The Lists Manager houses all of the form databases (we call them Lists) you've created previously and has buttons for creating new lists, doing social imports, and importing lists from external sources (if you are on an Enterprise plan).
If you'd like to favorite the Lists Manager (which adds a direct link to the manager to the top of your Home screen) click the heart icon to the right of the Lists title at the top of your screen. To remove it from your favorites, click the heart icon again.
Note: The favorites settings are stored in your browser; so if you log into ShortStack on a different computer/in a different browser, you will need to re-establish your favorites.
Your lists will appear on the right-hand side. Each info pane will show you the following information:
- The name of the list
- The last time the list was updated
- The date the list was created
- The number of entries in the list
- How many emails have been sent to the list
- How many campaigns (sources) are feeding into the list
If you hover over the name, you'll see an edit icon to the right; click this to rename the list. Type the new name, then click the blue checkmark button to lock it in.
Click the button on the right to jump directly into the List Settings for that list. Next to that, a drop-down menu with more options is also available for managing the list.
Additional List Options
By clicking the arrow to open the drop-down menu, you'll get these additional options:
Clicking View Entries will take you directly to the Entries Manager page for your list.
For campaigns still using the Form Widget: The Integrations option will open the Integrations section of the Form Designer for that list to show you which (if any) integrations are set up, and allow you to set one up if you do not have one established.
For campaigns using Form Containers: You will need to open your campaign in the Campaign Builder and open the widget settings for your Form Container to change Integration settings.
For information on setting up integrations, see our Form Integrations help doc.
If there is already an integration in use, you will see a checkmark next to the option in the drop-down.
For campaigns still using the Form Widget: Selecting Email Alerts will open the Alerts section of the Form Designer for that list so you can adjust the settings if needed. You can edit the email address(es) that the alerts are sent to, the Email from address, Email subject line, Entry time zone, Approval Settings, and any custom email template settings.
For campaigns using Form Containers: You will need to open your campaign in the Campaign Builder and open the widget settings for your Form Container to change email alert settings.
Clicking Import From... allows you to add entries to the selected list using the Facebook Post Likes/Comments Importer or the Instagram Comments Importer.
Using the Copy option allows you to make a copy of the list.
If you're using ShortStack for Teams to grant access of your account assets to other teammates, clicking Permissions is where you can set the specific access levels of the selected list for your team members.
To hide a list but not delete it completely—especially useful if you work with a large number of lists—click Archive. This will remove the selected list from view in the Lists Manager unless you have the Show Archived checkbox checked in the filtering section.
Note: Entries in archived lists still count toward your plan's entry allowance. The only way to remove entries from your allowance is to delete the list permanently.
By clicking Delete, you can remove the list from your account entirely. This also removes all of the entries in the list from your entry count.
Note: Deleting lists is permanent, so make absolutely sure you have the list's entries exported (if needed) before you delete the list.
Search & Tag
Use the Search field in the top-left corner of the page to look through your entries using a single word or phrase. The Tag field (if you are on the Pro Plan or higher) allows you to search through your lists by simply typing in a tag that's attached to one or more lists. Your results will automatically be displayed on the right.
Your filtering options appear on the left-hand side. Your options are to view by Form Compatibility or Archived status (or any combination of the two), and when you make a selection your results will appear on the right side. After you've selected a filter, you can clear the filter by clicking the icon next to the filter name.
To sort the lists, click the button next to the number of lists at the top. Your options are to sort your lists by Recently Updated, Most Entries, and Least Entries.
Creating a New List
Creating a New List Using a Form Container/Field Widgets
To create a new list using an entry form that you'll be adding to a campaign:
- Click the New List button in the top-right.
- You'll be asked to name the list and add any tags you'd like the list to have. Enter those and click Continue.
- Once done, you'll see the new list in your Lists Manager. To add fields/settings to this new list, you'll need to connect a Form Container to the list in the Campaign Builder.
See the Form Container Widget article for more information on designing your list's form.
Creating a New List Using the Facebook or Instagram Importer
Here's how to create a new list by pulling comments and likes from a post on your Facebook Timeline, or comments from a post on your Instagram account:
- Click the Social Import button in the top-right.
- A pop-up will ask what method you'll be using to collect entries. Your options are to import entries through a Facebook post, or import entries from an Instagram Post. Click either Facebook or Instagram to continue.
- Regardless of which option you select, you'll be asked to name the list and add any tags you'd like the list to have. Enter those and click Continue.
- At this point, you'll just need to follow the steps to finish the import. For more information on importing from Facebook, check out our How to Import Comments and Reactions from Facebook help doc, and for Instagram check out the How to Import Comments from an Instagram Post doc.
Importing an Existing List Using The List Uploader
If you have an existing .csv file you'd like to upload to our system, that's possible using our Importer tool. Here's how:
- Click the Import List button in the top-right.
- You'll be asked to name the list and add any tags you'd like the list to have. Enter those and click Next.
- Click Upload File, then select your csv file. Click Next.
- Check both boxes verifying that the contacts you're importing have been collected and vetted properly.
- Once the list has finished uploading, you will receive an in-app notification letting you know that your list is ready to be used in ShortStack. If any problems arise, you will receive a pop-up letting you know.
Working With Lists
There are a few other options available when working with lists; you'll see the bar appear up top when you've clicked on a list to highlight it.
Clicking the Tag button will allow you to add tags to all of the selected lists. It also has an area that displays all the tags already applied to the lists. Just type the tags you wish to add (with a comma between each), hit Enter/Return on your keyboard, and then click the blue Save button.
Any selected lists will be archived when you click the Archive button; you'll see them disappear from view immediately.
To view or restore any lists you've archived, start by checking the Show Archived box in the filtering options on the left.
You will then see any archived lists appear on the right. Click to select any lists you'd like to restore, then click Restore at the top of the screen. They'll disappear from the archive view, and be moved into the default view.
Note: Entries in archived lists still count toward your plan's entry allowance.
The other available option is another way to delete lists; if you'd like to delete multiple lists at once, click each one to highlight it, then click the Delete button up top. You'll be asked to type in a short phrase to confirm, then click the red Delete button to finalize the deletion.
Note: Again - deleting lists is permanent, so make absolutely sure you have the lists' entries exported (if needed) before you delete them.