The Entry Display Widget displays entries received in a ShortStack form, and--when voting is enabled--allows visitors to your campaign to vote on the entries. The Entry Display Widget is not necessary if you are choosing a winner randomly. However, if you are running a voting competition, or if you want to display the entries on your campaign, even without voting enabled, you need to add the Voting Widget.
NOTE: No voting restriction method is completely fraud-proof. If you're using a less-intense method of restriction (i.e. Anonymous Fingerprint) we suggest using voting to help you choose the top few entries, then choosing a winner from those entries with a panel of judges (or just by yourself).
The following steps outline the most common way to set up the Entry Display Widget. It is not a complete list of features. See the Entry Display Widget help doc for detailed setup instructions.
- Add the Entry Display Widget to your campaign.
- In the widget settings pop-up: In the Entry Source section, select a list to connect to or create a new one.
- Optional: In the Filtering section, set whether or want to Include or Not include unapproved entries.
- Optional: In the Restrictions section, use the links to adjust how often and how many times users can vote. Do note that this section will only display if voting is enabled.
- Click the Save & Exit button.
Not all form fields are displayed in the Entry Display Widget by default. Again, see the Entry Display Widget article for more information.