The Points Per Field feature lets you assign a point value to each form field so that you can reward entrants based on how many fields they fill out. Points Per Field can also be thought of as extra entries, or extra chances to win. You can assign a point value to any field on your form.
How It Works
Imagine you're running a contest with four fields on the Form: Email Address, Name, Age, and Photo. Users can choose to submit information in just one field, or all four. Now you use the Points Per Field feature to make the email field worth 8 points, the name field worth 4 points, the age field worth 1 point, and the photo field worth 7 points. A user who enters information in all four fields will receive all 20 points, while a user who only submits email and name will have 12. That means the first entrant will have a much better chance to win because they submitted more information.
Assigning Points to a Field
To set up the Points Per Field feature, take the following steps:
- Create a new form using the Form Container.
- Add a new Field Widget to the Form Container by dragging and dropping into the container.
- Select your field type and click next.
- Click on the Field Points section and type the number of points you wish to award.
- Adjust the other Field Widget settings as necessary.
- Save and Exit.
Awarding Points to Entrants
When the promotion is over, and you want to pick a winner based on the points they earned, take the following steps:
- Go to Entries/Lists.
- Click the desired list's View Entries button.
- Click the Actions dropdown at the top.
- Select Pick Random Winners/Entries.
- Check the Give an extra weight to entries with points/votes box.
- Select Use Round 1 votes/points.
- Click Submit.
Visit the How to Pick Contest Winners document for complete instructions on how to use the Random Entry Picker's other features.