The Points Per Field feature lets you assign a point value to each form field so that you can reward entrants based on how many fields they fill out. Points Per Field can also be thought of as extra entries, or extra chances to win. You can assign a point value to any field on your form.
Note: This feature is only available on the Agency Plan or higher.
How It Works
Imagine you're running a contest with four fields on the Form: Email Address, Name, Age, and Photo. Users can choose to submit information in just one field, or all four. Now you use the Points Per Field feature to make the email field worth 8 points, the name field worth 4 points, the age field worth 1 point, and the photo field worth 7 points. A user who enters information in all four fields will receive all 20 points, while a user who only submits email and name will have 12. That means the first entrant will have a much better chance to win because they submitted more information.
Assigning Points to a Field
To set up the Points Per Field feature, take the following steps:
- Create a new form, or edit an existing form in the Form Designer.
- Hover over a field in the form preview, and click the pencil icon to edit the field.
- Find the Extra Point Value menu on the left.
- Enter a number in the Extra Point Value field.
- Save your form.
Awarding Points to Entrants
When the promotion is over, and you want to pick a winner based on the points they earned, take the following steps:
- Go to Entries/Lists.
- Click the desired list's View Entries button.
- Click the Pick Random Entries button at the top.
- Check the Give an extra chance to win for each vote/point received box.
- Click Submit.
Visit the How to Pick Contest Winners document for complete instructions on how to use the Random Entry Picker's other features.