All contests and promotions are created in the Form Designer. There are two different ways to get there:
- In ShortStack's Main Menu, select Lists/Entries. Once there, click the New button.
- When creating a Campaign in the Campaign Builder, add a Form Widget, and click the Create New List button in the Edit Widget window.
The Create New List dialog box will pop up with a field to name the list. This name is for internal-use only, so you don't have to worry about visitors seeing it. Click the Create button and take the following steps to create a photo contest.
- The Facebook ID and Email Address fields are added to your form by default. To add additional fields, click on a field’s green plus sign icon.
- Add the Text Area field to your form.
- Hover over the Text Area field in the form preview, and click the pencil icon to edit the field.
- Customize the Label.
- Select a size, choose whether or not it's required, and set a minimum and maximum number of characters for the field to accept (if left blank, 50,000 is used, which is the largest value we accept).
- If you’re using this field in conjunction with the Voting Widget, check the Display in Voting Widget box.
- When you’re finished configuring the fields, click Settings to make changes to the Approval Settings, Email Notices, Rules and Disclaimers, and more.
- Click Save Changes.