Use the Comment/Like Importer to import a Facebook Post’s Comments and Likes into a ShortStack list. The importer can grab the Facebook User ID number, name as it appears on Facebook, and the content of comment (including photo) of every user who Comments or Likes. You can create a new, empty list to import to, or import to a list that already has existing entries. To use the Comment/Like Importer, take the following steps:
- To import into an existing list: Click the down arrow to the right of the ShortStack list you’d like to import the data to, then click on Import from....
Then select Timeline.
If you're looking to import into a fresh new list: Click the New List link at the top of the Lists Manager.
Then click Import From Timeline.
Then add the list name and any tags you'd like to add to the new list, and click Continue.
- Now, select the Facebook Page that has the Post which has Likes/Comments you’d like to import. You can choose any Page that your personal Facebook profile has admin privileges to.
- Select the Post. ShortStack shows the 25 most recent Posts, in descending order. Scroll to the bottom to see additional Posts.
- Select whether you’d like to import Comments and Likes, Likes only, or Comments only.
- Check the Allow multiple entries per user box to give users the opportunity to earn multiple entries: one for Liking the post, and an additional entry for each comment he or she leaves.
- Check the Import Comment Likes as Votes box to count each "Like" a user comment receives as a vote. Check the Import photos from comments box to import the photos in the comments of the Post. Check the Give extra chances to win for votes box to enter a custom number of "points" to assign to Comments and Likes. For example, if you say Liking the Status Update is worth five points and Commenting is worth 10 points, a user who Likes the post and Comments twice would have 25 points.
Note: If you checked the Import Comment Likes as Votes box, the Like count for a comment will be added to any bonus points.
Then, click the blue Import & Close button.
Once you click the Import & Close button, the Comment/Like Importer will close, and you'll see a notification that the import process is in progress. ShortStack will send an email to the address associated with your ShortStack account once the import process is finished.
Access the imported entries by clicking on the list's View Entries link.