Use the Comment/Reaction Importer to import a Facebook Post’s Comments and Reactions into a ShortStack list. The importer can grab the Facebook User ID number, name as it appears on Facebook, and the content of comment (including photo) of every user who comments or reacts. You can create a new, empty list to import to, or import to a list that already has existing entries. To use the Comment/Reaction Importer, take the following steps:
- Starting from the Dashboard, click on Lists at the top to get to your List Manager page.
- To import into an existing list: Click the down arrow to the right of the ShortStack list you’d like to import the data to, then click on Import from....
Then select Timeline.
If you're looking to import into a fresh new list: Click the Social Import link at the top of the Lists Manager.
Then click Timeline.
- Then add the list name and any tags you'd like to add to the new list, and click Continue.
- There are a couple options regarding what type of Post you'd like to import from: you can choose from Timeline (Organic) Posts or Ads. For the purpose of this help doc, we'll be selecting Timeline Posts.
- Now, select the Facebook Page that has the Post which has Reactions/Comments you’d like to import. You can choose any Page that your personal Facebook profile has admin privileges to.
- Select the Post. ShortStack shows the 25 most recent Posts, in descending order. Scroll to the bottom to see additional Posts.
- Select whether you’d like to import Comments and Reactions, Reactions only, or Comments only.
- Check the Allow multiple entries per user box to give users the opportunity to earn multiple entries: one for reacting to the post, and an additional entry for each comment he or she leaves.
- Check the Import comment reactions as votes box to count each reaction a user comment receives as a vote. Check the Import photos from comments box to import the photos in the comments of the Post. Check the Give extra chances to win for votes box to enter a custom number of points to assign to Comments and Reactions. For example, if you say reacting to the Status Update is worth five points and commenting is worth 10 points, a user who reacts to the post and comments twice would have 25 points.
Note: If you checked the Import comment reactions as votes box, the reaction count for a comment will be added to any bonus points.
Then, click the blue Import & Close button.
Once you click the Import & Close button, the Comment/Reaction Importer will close, and you'll see a notification that the import process is in progress. ShortStack will send an email to the address associated with your ShortStack account once the import process is finished.
Access the imported entries by clicking on the list's View Entries link.