Use the Comment/Like Importer to import a Facebook Status Update’s Comments and Likes into a ShortStack database. The Importer can grab the Facebook User ID number, name as it appears on Facebook, and the content of comment (including photo) of every user who Comments or Likes. You can create a new, empty database to import to, or import to a database that already has existing entries. To use the Comment/Like Importer, take the following steps:
- Click the Import link next to the ShortStack database you’d like to import the data to, or click the blue Import from Timeline? link at the top of the Forms/Entries page.
- Select the Facebook Page of the Status Update you’d like to import. You can choose any Page that your personal Facebook profile has admin privileges to.
- Select the Status Update. ShortStack shows the 25 most recent Status Updates, in descending order. Scroll to the bottom to see additional Status Updates.
- Select whether you’d like to import Comments and Likes, Comments only, or Likes only.
- Check the Allow multiple entries per user box to give users the opportunity to earn multiple entries: one for Liking the post, and an additional entry for each comment he or she leaves.
- If you’re importing Comments or both Comments and Likes in step 4, use the drop-down menu to choose whether you’d like to import the Comments into an Entry Description or Text Area field. If you’re importing to an existing form and it doesn’t contain either of those fields, ShortStack will automatically generate an Entry Description field for you.
- Check the Import Comment Likes as Votes box to count each “Like” a user comment receives as a vote.
- Check the Import photos from comments box to import the photos in the comments of the Status Update. If you check that box, the Reject Comments with No Photo box appears. If you’re running a photo contest, it’s a good idea to check both of these boxes.
- Check the Award Extra Points/Votes box to enter a custom number of “points” to assign to Comments and Likes. For example, if you say Liking the Status Update is worth five points and Commenting is worth 10 points, a user who Likes the post and Comments twice would have 25 points.
Note: If you checked the Import Comment Likes as Votes box, the Like count for a comment will be added to any bonus points.
- Click Import.
Once you click the Import button, the Comment/Like Importer will close, and you'll see a notification that the import process is in progress. ShortStack will send an email to the address associated with your ShortStack account once the import process is finished.
Access the imported entries by clicking on the database's View Entries button.