Welcome to ShortStack! We’re here to help you build the kinds of Campaigns that will maximize your social media presence, engage with existing and potential customers, collect leads and increase sales. The features we offer – including Action-gating, contests, data collection, polls and analytics – will turn your website and Facebook Page into marketing powerhouses. And of course everything we offer is mobile ready.
Ready to have some some fun?
To Create a Campaign From Scratch:
1. Click the "New Campaign" button in the Campaign Manager, our version of a dashboard.
2. When the "How would you like to start?" dialog pops up, click "Start with a Blank Campaign."
3. Name your Campaign in the "Campaign name" field. The name you choose will be used to identify the Campaign within the Campaign Manager. (Note: You can always change the name later.)
4. Click "Create Campaign."
To create a Campaign From a Template:
1. Locate and click the "New Campaign" button in the Campaign Manager.
2. When the "How would you like to start?" dialog pops up, click the "Start with a Template" button.
3. Use the search bar to find Templates, browse by category, or browse all.
4. You may preview a Template by clicking "Preview" underneath the Template features list.
5. When you have found the Template you would like to use, click the blue "Use this Template" button.
To Add Widgets to Your Campaign:
Widgets are the functions and features that are the building blocks of Campaigns. For example, you would use a Video Widget to show a YouTube or Vimeo video; you’d use the Form Widget to display a contest entry form.
Use the Add Widgets Panel to add widgets to your Campaign.
Familiarize yourself with our widgets before you start building so that you can make your Campaign function the way you want it to. To learn more about each widget, just hover over its icon.
To add a widget to your Campaign, click on its icon. When you do, the "Edit Widget" window automatically opens so you can start adding your text, videos and photos. Once you’re done adding content, click "Save & Exit" to apply your changes.
The widgets you add to your Campaign will appear in the Edit Widgets Panel, where you can edit, rearrange, and delete them.
To Rearrange Widgets in Your Campaign:
Click the widget you want to move, drag it, and drop the widget in place.
To Add a Theme to Your Campaign:
Once you’ve started building your Campaign, you can update its appearance by choosing from more than 30 themes. Each theme has its own colors, text styles and effects.
1. Click on the Theme Selector icon to open the Theme Selector Panel.
2. Click on a theme icon to see a preview of how it will look when applied to your Campaign.
3. When you find one you like, click the "Save" button at the bottom of the Theme Selector Panel.
You can also use custom CSS to build your own themes within your Campaign. To add custom CSS to your Campaign, click on the CSS Editor icon.
To Test How a Campaign Will Function From Within the Campaign Builder:
Testing your Campaign before you publish can help ensure that the Campaign functions and appears as you expect it will.
1. Find the Preview Controls Panel on the right side of your window.
2. Click the "Test Mode" icon to the "On" position.
3. Click the "Live Entry Mode" icon to the "Off" position. All of the entries you submit while Live Entry Mode is off are test entries, you will only be able to vote for test entries, and they will not appear on your live Campaign.
4. Click the "Entry Restrictions" icon to the "On" position to test that any restrictions you set up on your Forms or Voting widgets are functioning as desired. Click the icon to the "Off" position to submit entries without any restrictions. These restrictions will only be turned off in the builder and will not affect your live Campaign.
To Test the Appearance of the Campaign at Various Widths:
1. Find the ruler above the preview in the Campaign Builder.
2. Click the dimensions you would like to test within the ruler, or drag the ruler arrows to test a custom size. (Note: Adjusting the dimensions of the Campaign with the ruler does not permanently change the width of the Campaign itself.)
To Publish Your Campaign:
To publish your Campaign, click on the big orange "Publish Campaign" button in the middle above your ruler.
Viewing Your Campaign on Mobile Devices:
ShortStack provides you with a unique Campaign URL for every Campaign you publish. Using the URL we give you ensures your audience will automatically see the version of your Campaign that’s tailored to whatever device they’re using – mobile or desktop.
To Locate the Campaign URL:
1. Open your Campaign in the Campaign Builder.
2. Click on the bookmark icon to open the Manage Publications Panel.
3. Find the Campaign URL for the Campaign. The Campaign URL will begin with http:// (Note: Multiple Campaign URLs may be listed if your Campaign is published to both the web and Facebook. Be sure you choose the correct Campaign URL.)
4. Click the blue "Copy" button to copy it and a popup will display.
5. Copy the Campaign URL from the popup.
6. Paste the Campaign URL in Facebook Status Updates, in tweets or in your Instagram, Twitter, Google +, etc. profiles.
Promoting Your Campaign:
The key to a successful Campaign is promoting it. Without promotion, even the best Campaigns can see very little traffic. Not all Campaigns require the same amount or type of promotion, but here is a resource that will help you get going.
Beyond Getting Started:
Are you looking to display your Campaign directly on your website or blog? If so, you’re in luck. You can embed Campaigns to a website or blog; if you use WordPress, just use our WordPress plugin.
Embedding Your Campaign:
1. Open the Campaign Builder for the Campaign that you want to embed.
2. Click on the "Manage Publications" icon.
3. To the right of the Campaign URL you will see several icons. Click on the "Get Embed Code" icon.
4. If you do not have embedding enabled for your Campaign, you will see a prompt asking you to do so. Click the "Enable Embedding for this Campaign" button.
5. Your embed code will appear after you enable embedding or if embedding was already enabled.
Once you’ve built and installed your Campaign, you may want to make edits to it. ShortStack allows you to make edits to your Campaign at any time and apply those updates as needed.
Editing Your Published Campaign:
1. Open the Campaign Builder for the Campaign that you want to edit.
2. Make your edits.
3. Click the orange "Publish Changes" button above the ruler when you are finished.
Note: If you do not see "Publish Changes", it means that your Campaign has no unpublished changes.