This tutorial will walk you through setting up the Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals/Coupon Template. This template allows participants to submit their contact information and download a coupon file. You can access the template directly here, or follow the instructions below to access it from the Template Gallery.
Selecting the Template
We’re going to start in the Templates section in ShortStack’s main menu. Templates help you get started faster because the widgets are already added and — to an extent — configured for you. If you don’t like what you see, you can change the template in the in the Campaign Builder.
1. From your Dashboard, select the New Campaign button.
2. When prompted with the "How would you like to start?" dialog, select Start with a Template. This will show ShortStack's Template Gallery.
3. Select the Holiday category, click the right arrow until the Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals/Coupon Template appears. You can preview this template, or select Use This Template to proceed.
4. You'll be prompted to create a name for your Campaign. You can change this later, and this is for internal use. You can also assign a tag to it.
5. Select Create Campaign.
Customizing the Campaign
Once you click Create Campaign, you'll be redirected to the Campaign Builder to make your changes. At the top-left of the Campaign Builder, there is a row of icons that open and close the panels. Panels contain the features you'll use to customize the Campaign.
- Add Widgets has icons for all of ShortStack’s widgets. To add a widget, click its icon.
- Edit Widgets shows the widgets already added to the Campaign. Here you can click and drag widgets to rearrange them, edit widget settings, delete widgets, and more.
This is what the the Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals/Coupon template looks like when you start:
This template is comprised of the following Widgets:
- Image Widget (for displaying the header image)
- Product Widget (for displaying products and a link to your store)
- Rich Text Widget (for showing information about your Campaign)
- Countdown Widget (for displaying a countdown until Black Friday/Cyber Monday)
- Form Widget (for collecting information from participants)
We won't customize every Widget in this Campaign, but here are resources to help:
Let's focus on setting up the Product Widget, the Countdown Widget, and adding your coupon.
Setting up the Product Widget
- Click on the Edit Widget icon for the Widget called "Black Friday Exclusive Deals."
Select the Edit icon for Deal #1.
This will open the settings for that product, including a Title field; a URL field (where you can add a link to the product, your store, or your website); a Description field; a PayPal or Other Code Snippet to embed a buy button; and an Image. Fill in each of these fields with information about your product.
To replace the placeholder image, click the red and white X in the left corner of the image. Click Select Image to upload one of your own. (If you don't have a product image ready, you can create a graphic using our Canva integration.)
Select Save Item.
Follow the same steps for Deal #2. To add additional products, select Add New Item.
Setting up the Countdown Widget
- Select the Edit Widget icon on the Countdown Widget.
Set the date and the time that you want the countdown to lead to. Note: Be sure to select the proper time zone for your region.
Select Save & Exit.
Setting up your Coupon
- Upload your coupon to your Media page by selecting the + New button. You can use a PDF, JPG or PNG file type for your coupon. (If you don't have a coupon yet, you can create one using our Canva integration.)
- Copy the file link by clicking on the </> icon on the far right of the file.
- Return to the Campaign Builder.
- In the Edit Widgets Panel, select the Edit Widget Settings icon on the Links Widget called "Website Links."
- This will open the Links Widget settings. The template uses a placeholder PDF, so you'll need to replace it with the link to the file you've just uploaded to your Media page. To do this, click on the edit icon.
- In the URL field, remove the current URL, and paste the link you copied from the Media page. This is also where you can change the text that appears on the button.
- Select Save Link.
Once you've customized the rest of your Campaign, you're ready to publish!
Publishing the Campaign
- Find and click on the Publish Campaign button at the top-right of the page.
- Click Publish to Web.
- If the template you chose has Facebook features, you'll need to associate the Campaign with a Facebook app. To do so, take the steps to Quick Publish or Custom Publish your Campaign.
- The Publication Checklist will pop up to remind you of some popular features you may not have configured or enabled. Take a minute to explore those options and click Next.
Congratulations, your Campaign is published! Copy the Campaign URL and use it in Facebook Status Updates, tweets, blog posts, and anywhere else you have a presence to link users to your Campaign.