Note: Embedding is available on the Business Plan or above.
Embedding is a publishing option that allows you to place your campaign in your own website. ShortStack actually allows you to publish your campaign as a pop-up on your site as well. This helps to promote your campaign by leveraging the traffic that the website already brings in. Here are the steps to follow to embed your campaign as a pop-up:
- When your campaign is ready to be published, click the blue Publish Campaign button in the top-right corner of the Campaign Builder.
- Click the blue Embedded on Website button in the pop-up.
- The prompt will now give you the option to Brand your campaign. These steps are optional, but highly recommended to give your campaign a more professional, consistent feel. You can read more about each of these options on the Publishing a Campaign help doc.
When you're finished setting up your branding, click the blue Next button to continue.
- Next, you'll be asked to enter the URL of where the campaign will be displayed. You can change this later, if needed. The Mobile Behavior can also be edited here; since some embedded campaigns can appear glitchy on mobile devices, this gives you the option to have your campaign URL redirect to a stand-alone page to sidestep any potential issues.
Once these settings are complete, click the blue Publish button.
- In this doc, we're covering embedding as a pop-up on your website. For information on the other two options, check out the following docs:
Embedding A Campaign
How to Embed to SquareSpace, Wordpress, Shopify or Wix
Make sure Pop-up is selected, then click the blue Copy button to copy the iFrame code. This is the code that you'll need to paste into the source code of your website, above the </body> tag on the page where you want the pop-up to display.
Once you have that code in place, click the blue Copy button for the second bit of code. This code will place a link on your page that makes the pop-up appear - just paste it in your site's code where you want the link to be displayed.
- You'll also want to take a look at the Advanced Settings tab. By default, your site should be set to scroll to the pop-up when it appears, but you have the option to turn that off, if you'd like. You can also set a vertical offset (in pixels) for automatic scrolling.
Once everything is set the way you'd like, you can click the View Campaign URL button to finish up.
- From there, you'll see your campaign URL - you can click the Copy button to copy it to your clipboard.
Once you're all set, you can click the blue Close button, or click Manage Publications to be taken to your Publications Panel.