Embedding is a publishing option that allows you to place your campaign in your own website. ShortStack actually allows you to publish your campaign as a pop-up on your site as well. This helps to promote your campaign by leveraging the traffic that the website already brings in. Here are the steps to follow to embed your campaign as a pop-up:
- When your campaign is ready to be published, click the blue Publish Campaign button in the top-right corner of the Campaign Builder.
- Before proceeding, you will see a Campaign Checklist; the aim of the checklist is to help you make sure your campaign is as complete as possible. This step is optional, but we do highly recommend taking a look at any areas that might need attention. Once you're done, click the blue Next button.
Note: If you're a pro at building campaigns and no longer need to view the checklist when publishing, simply check the Skip This Step in the Future box in the bottom-left before clicking Next.
- Click the blue Embedded on Website button in the pop-up.
- Next, you'll be asked to enter the URL of your web page where the campaign will be displayed. You can change this later, if needed. Once that's complete, click the blue Next button.
- If you have Sharing or Refer-A-Friend added to your campaign, you'll see a brief video explaining how and why our system assigns a ShortStack URL to your campaign. Click Next to proceed.
- This leads to a page where you can customize the URL for the campaign. Keep in mind that since you're embedding the campaign, the only time any visitors would see this URL is when they're sharing it, or if you set things up to direct mobile visitors to the stand-alone landing page version of your campaign (highly recommended).
A walkthrough of customizing your URL (both subdomain and domain) can be found in our Publishing a Campaign help doc.
Clicking on Advanced Settings will open a section where you can edit the Mobile Behavior of your campaign. Since some embedded campaigns can appear glitchy on mobile devices, this gives you the option to have your campaign URL redirect to a stand-alone page to sidestep any potential issues.
When you have everything set up to your liking, click the blue Publish button.
- In this doc, we're covering embedding as a pop-up on your website. For information on the other options, check out the following docs:
Embedding A Campaign
How to Embed to SquareSpace, Wordpress, Shopify or Wix
Make sure Pop-up is selected, then click the blue Copy button to copy the iFrame code. This is the code that you'll need to paste into the source code of your website, above the </body> tag on the page where you want the pop-up to display.
Once you have that code in place, click the blue Copy button for the second bit of code. This code will place a link on your page that makes the pop-up appear - just paste it in your site's code where you want the link to be displayed.
- You'll also want to take a look at the Advanced Settings tab in the website section. By default, your site should be set to scroll to the pop-up when it appears, but you have the option to turn that off, if you'd like. You can also set a vertical offset (in pixels) for automatic scrolling.
Once everything is set the way you'd like, you can click the Done button to finish up.