Use the Comment Importer to import an Instagram Post's Comments into a ShortStack list. The importer can grab the Instagram username and the content of Comment of every user who Comments. You can create a new, empty database to import to, or import to a list that already has existing entries. To use the Comment Importer, take the following steps - we'll walk through importing into a brand new list:
- Starting from the Dashboard, click on Lists at the top to get to your List Manager page.
- On the Lists Manager page, click the blue New List button on the right.
- A pop-up will appear, asking how you'll be adding entries to the list. Click on the Import From Instagram option on the left.
- Add a new name for your list in the field provided, and also any tags you would like the imported entries to have. Once you're done, click the blue Continue button.
- Next, you'll be shown the list of Facebook Pages that are connected to an Instagram Business Account. Click on the profile containing the post from which you want to pull comments.
Note: Due to Instagram/Facebook privacy restrictions, the Instagram account you're pulling from must be a business account, linked to a Facebook Page. To learn how to set that up, visit our page on How to Set Up an Instagram Business Profile.
- You'll now see the most recent Instagram Posts from the selected profile, along with each post's number of Likes and Comments. Click on the post from which you want to grab the Comments.
- From here, you'll have a few options. Your only option for importing is for users who have Commented on the Post. You can, however, choose to allow multiple entries per user (the default is to import one entry per username), and also to import Comment Likes as votes - meaning that the Comment would be pulled in as an entry, and the comment's likes would count as votes for that entry.
Click the blue Import & Close button when you've finished with setup.
- At that point, you just have to wait for the import to be finished. Remember: the larger the number of comments you're importing, the longer the wait. When the list is done importing, you'll get an email to the email address on your ShortStack account, and you'll also see a little message pop up in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
To see your new entries, click the # Entries link on your new list.