For the more tech-savvy users out there who'd like to publish directly to their own domain for the ultimate white-label campaign, ShortStack provides a way to do just that. Publishing to your own domain allows you to completely control your URL - the entire URL, not just the subdomain - so that you can make the contest URL easier to remember, or just more on brand.
This doc will cover the publishing process involved on the ShortStack end. What you'll need to do before going through these steps is to get things set up on your domain using the instructions in our Custom Domains, Subdomains, and Subfolders help doc.
Note: Unfortunately, any issues that arise while trying to change/edit DNS settings on your domain are outside the scope of our support. Proceed with caution.
Once you have your DNS settings configured correctly and your campaign is prepared, it's time to move onto the publishing process:
- In the Campaign Builder, click on the blue Publish Campaign button in the top-right corner.
- Click on the Landing Page button.
- Here, a couple of options will pop up. Click on Campaign URL.
- Click on the Add Custom Domain link underneath the list of pre-approved domains.
- Type in the domain - including subdomain, if you've set that up - that you want to use for the campaign, then click the Add Domain button.
- You will see your new domain added to the list. Now you'll need to verify it - click on the Verify DNS link to the right of the domain name.
- It'll take about 10-15 seconds for the verification to happen; when it does, you'll see the Verify DNS link change to Verified.
If you see an error instead, you'll need to double-check the DNS settings on your domain to make sure they're correct. Otherwise, if you just recently changed them, you may need to give the system a few minutes and try again.
- Your domain should now have a checkmark to the left of it - with it selected, click on the blue Next button.
- If you're using Facebook features as part of your campaign (i.e. the Facebook Like Button Widget, Facebook Login in the Form or Voting Widgets), you'll be prompted to set up your Facebook app to publish your campaign to Facebook. Follow the instructions in the Publish to Facebook help doc to guide your through that process. Once that's done, you can finish up here.
- Now you can set up a custom path for your contest's URL. If you want to let ShortStack provide you with a randomized path, you can leave this field blank. Otherwise, if you've already set up a subfolder on your website's end, type the name of the path into this field, and click the blue Done button.
- With that set up, you're almost done! You'll be put back into the branding step, and if you'd like you can click the Title and Images button to further customize your campaign. Once that's done (or if you're skipping it), click the blue Publish button.
- Once the campaign is finished publishing, you'll get a confirmation message, and the link to your campaign will be displayed for you to copy. Click the blue Close button to close the panel.
To unpublish a campaign published to a custom domain is the same process as any other campaign:
- Click the bookmark icon in the top-right to open the Publications Panel.
- Click on the trashcan icon to the right of the publication name to unpublish the campaign.