If you or your brand would like to use content posted on Instagram, you can use ShortStack's Rights Management feature to streamline this process.
How It Works
If you are using a Feed to track posts on Instagram using a specific hashtag — for example, #mycutecat — and you see a post you would like to use for marketing purposes, you can ask the poster for permission. The Rights Management feature places a comment on the post, asking the poster to respond with a hashtag you've set. If the person replies back with that hashtag, then ShortStack will automatically detect that rights have been granted, and that post will have a "Granted" status in its entry details.
When you're ready to request the rights to a post in your feed, proceed through the following:
- Navigate to the Lists Manager by clicking Lists on the top of the Dashboard.
- Find the list attached to your Feed, then click on the number of entries that appears in the listing.
- This brings you to the Entries Manager for that particular list. Click on the entry (or entries, if you want to do multiple at once) for which you want to request rights. The entry/entries will highlight in gray.
On the entry, you'll see the profile name of the user who posted the Instagram post and the icon of the platform.
- With the entry/entries highlighted, click the Rights button in the bar up top.
- This will open a pop-up where you can customize your request message. Change the message in the Request message field, and make sure to pick a unique hashtag for the response.
You'll also see below the number of items for which you are requesting rights.
When you're finished, click the blue Send Request button.
- While the request is pending, the post will have a Requested status in the entry's details.
You'll also see the date the rights were requested, and a copy of the message that was sent to the account that posted the entry.
- When the user replies to your comment using the hashtag you specified in your message, this indicates that rights have been granted. When this happens, you'll see the status of the rights request change to Granted, and you'll see a copy of the message that was sent to you in response.
To request rights for other entries, just go back and repeat the process for any other entries you'd like to use.