Note: This doc refers specifically to the Giveaway Calendar template, which you can find here!
When you've finished up your contest using the Giveaway Calendar template, you'll want to pick your winners. Since the template uses a single form, all of your entries have been added to a single list. This doc will walk you through the process of picking a winner from each individual day (for that day's unique prize). There are two main ways to filter your entries for this purpose - filtering by the date the entry was submitted and filtering using the prize name.
Accessing Your Entries
For both filtering methods, you'll start by going into the Entries Manager for your list. To do so:
- From the Campaign Builder: Click on the View Entries icon on your Form Widget in the Edit Widgets Panel - it looks like a little inbox with the number of entries listed next to it.
From the Dashboard: Click on Lists at the top of the Dashboard. Then, find your list, and click the number of entries to the right of the list's name.
Filtering Your Entries
Filtering by the date the entry came in is easy, using the Entry Manager's filtering tools. Just remember that if you didn't lock all but the current date when you were running the contest, there may be entries where the date entered doesn't match up with the day of the prize for which they were entering.
- Click the Date filter on the left side of the Entries Manager.
- Add in the date range using the From and To fields, or you can click the calendar icon to pull up a calendar and just click the date you want to select.
- Once you have your dates entered, all entries submitted on that date will appear on the right.
- From there; just click the Actions button in the top-right, select Pick Random Entries/Winners from the drop-down, and follow the prompt to select a winner from your filtered entries.
You can also use the filter within the Random Entry Picker to find entries that are entered for a specific prize.
- To understand what you're looking for, we look back to the Campaign Builder - more specifically, the Calendar Wizard where you configure the settings for your calendar. To get there, click the Configure Calendar button at the top of the preview area.
- From there, click on Days at the top. This will bring you into the section where you configure what each of your calendar days has to offer. You'll want to note what you've entered into the Prize Title field for each day - the names of the prizes you enter there are what you'll be searching for in the entry picker.
- Now that we know what we'll be searching for - go into your Entries Manager and click the Actions button in the top-right, selecting Pick Random Entries/Winners from the drop-down.
- After setting how many winners you'd like to select, and the label(s) you'd like to apply to the winning entry, click on the Filters button at the bottom.
- Now, you should see where you can filter by the Prize Day (hidden) field. Type in the name of any of your prize names to pick a winner from only entries containing that prize name. Then click the blue Submit & Close button.
Finding Your Winner
After your winner has been selected, you can easily find the winner in your Entries Manager.
Simply enter the label you typed in the Random Entry Picker into the Label field, and any entries with that label will pop up on the right.