To view all of the code lists you currently have uploaded to your account: From the Home screen, click on Manage in the main menu, then select Code Lists from the drop-down. Or, if you've favorited the Field Library Manager, simply click Codes in the top bar of the Home screen.
The Code Lists Manager shows a list of all of your previous code lists; an option is also provided to upload a new code list.
If you'd like to favorite the Code Lists Manager (which adds a direct link to the manager to the top of your Home screen) click the heart icon to the right of the Code Lists title at the top of your screen. To remove it from your favorites, click the heart icon again.
Note: The favorites settings are stored in your browser; so if you log into ShortStack on a different computer/in a different browser, you will need to re-establish your favorites.
Your code lists will appear on the right-hand side of the screen. Each info pane will show you the following information:
- The name of the list
- The last time the list was edited/altered
- When the list was created/uploaded
- The number of codes in total, number of codes issued to entries, and number of codes redeemed from that list
If you hover over the list's name, you'll see an edit icon to the right; click this to rename the list. Type the new name, then click the blue checkmark button to lock it in.
If you click the Total, Issued, or Redeemed links on the right, you will be taken to the Code List Wizard for that particular list.
There's also an arrow you can click to open a drop-down menu with more options for managing the campaign.
Additional Code List Options
By clicking the drop-down menu on the right-hand side of any code list, you'll get these additional options:
Selecting the View Codes option will open the Code List Wizard, where you can view, add and edit codes to the chosen list.
Clicking on Add Codes will once again open the Code List Wizard. If you then click the Add codes link at the top, a new pop-up will appear that allows you to add codes to the existing list using a .csv file. Codes added in this way will be appended to the end of the existing code list.
If you're using ShortStack for Teams to grant access of your account assets to other teammates, clicking Permissions is where you can set the specific access levels of the selected code list for your team members.
By clicking Delete, you can remove the code list from your account entirely. This does not delete any entries that are tied to the codes in that list.
Note: Deleting code lists is permanent, and may cause functionality issues if you still have live Form Containers, Field Widgets or emails attached to the code list - make sure to double-check that the code list isn't in use before deleting.
Search & Tag
Use the Search field in the top-left corner of the page to look through your code lists using a single word or phrase. The Tag field allows you to search through your lists by simply typing in a tag that's attached to one or more lists. Your results will automatically be displayed on the right.
To sort the code lists, click the button next to the number of groups at the top. Your options are to sort your lists by Recently Edited, Newest and Oldest.
Adding a New Code List
To add a new code list for use in a campaign:
- Click the New Code List button in the top-right.
- The Upload codes pop-up will appear.
- If you haven't already created your list:
- Click on the download link for either the SIMPLE or ADVANCED code list template to download a .csv file.
- Add your codes to the sheet, using the header titles as a guide for what data goes where.
- Save the list as a .csv.
- If you have already created your list:
- Drag and drop the .csv file from your computer, or click Select to navigate directly to the folder on your computer where the .csv file is being stored.
- If you haven't already created your list:
- Once the file has been selected, use the provided field to add a name to your new code list, decide whether or not you want to randomize the order of the codes, then click Save & Upload.
- You'll see an in-app notification at the top of the screen letting you know that the system is importing your codes. When it's done, a notification in the bottom corner of your screen will appear, and your new code list will display with the rest of your existing lists.
Working With Code Lists
There are a couple of other options available when working with code lists; you'll see the bar appear up top when you've clicked one or more lists to highlight them:
Clicking the Tag button will allow you to add tags to all of the selected code lists. It also has an area that displays all the tags already applied to the lists. Just type in any tags you wish to add (with a comma between each), hit Enter/Return on your keyboard, and then click the blue Save button.
The other available option is just another way to delete code lists; if you'd like to delete multiple lists at once, click each one to highlight it, then click the Delete button up top. You'll be asked to type in a short phrase to confirm, then click the red Delete button to finalize the deletion.
Note: Again - deleting code lists is permanent, so make absolutely sure you no longer need the code lists before deleting them.