Your workplace is using ShortStack to build campaigns, and you've been invited to join in. That's excellent! This doc will walk through the steps to get you up and running in ShortStack, and cover the basics of interacting as part of a team.
How Teams Works
A quick review of how ShortStack for Teams works: An account is created as the "main" account - this account is on a paid plan (Agency or higher) and the person who set up this account (referred to as the owner) is the one that has access to send out invites and establish permissions for anyone with access to the account. This main account is where all of the campaign and email building should take place.
The owner can send invites to other ShortStack accounts to give them access to the main account. The other accounts don't need to be paid at all - they can be on the Free Trial - but there isn't a way to provide access to the main account to people without a ShortStack account of their own.
To prepare for receiving access to your company's ShortStack account, go ahead and create a ShortStack account of your own:
- Navigate in your browser to shortstack.com, and click on the Free Trial button in the top-right corner.
- Add your name and email address (preferably your company-issued email) using the fields provided, then click Create Account.
- An email will be sent to the address you provided with a temporary password. Copy the password.
- Take this temporary password and paste it into the field provided on the site, then click Sign In.
- You're now signed into the site! You should see the welcome message below - either click the I'd like to stay here... link at the bottom, or the X in the top-right corner of the screen to close this pop-up.
At this point you can sign out if you'd like - however, you'll more than likely want to set up your own unique password and establish two-factor authentication as well - our Preferences and Two-Factor Authentication help docs will walk you through the process of doing just that.
I Didn't Create an Account!
If you didn't create a ShortStack account before the company account owner sent you an invite - not to worry! You'll still receive the invite via email, and you will be led through the signup process when you click the link to accept.
Now that you have your ShortStack account set up, you'll want to get access to your company's account, so that you can start using their resources and features. The owner of that account will need to send you an invitation - information on how they'd do that can be found on our ShortStack for Teams help doc. Once they've sent you an invite, accepting it is super simple:
In the email you receive from the company account owner, click on the Accept Invite button.
Note: If you don't click the link within the 72-hour window mentioned in the email, the invite will expire, and you'll see the following error when clicking on it:
In this case, you'll need to reach out to the account owner and request a new invite.
Once you've accepted the invite, you'll be prompted to log in (if you haven't already). Once logged in, you will automatically be switched over to the team to which you were just invited. The easiest way to tell that you're in the team account is to check the name shown in the top right corner of the dashboard - if it's showing your team name, you're in the shared (main) account. If your name is showing, you are in your own account.
Now you're into the main account, working as a team member - this is where the magic happens. There are a few general rules that you'll want to keep in mind to keep your workflow moving smoothly:
- If you're looking to create content (a campaign, email, etc) that your other teammates can collaborate on with you, you'll need to make sure you're working within the company account (the team) and not your own account. It's worth checking the top corner of the Dashboard each time you log in to make sure you're in the correct account.
- You will only have access to the account content that the owner/admins have provided to you. If there is something that you believe you should have access to, but you're not seeing it - first, double-check to make sure you're in the company account and not your personal account (if you're not sure how to switch teams, check the Switching Teams section of this doc). If you've verified that you're in the right account, you'll need to get in touch with an account admin or the owner and have them provide you with the access you need.
- If you create content on your own account, there is not a way for you to transfer that content to the team account.
- Billing information and statements on the company account are not available to team members; this is only visible and manageable by the account owner. Our Support team can help with some billing questions, but we will require verification of billing information before making any changes.
If you find yourself in your own account and need to switch to the company account, or if you're a member of multiple teams, here's how to switch back and forth between your accounts/teams:
- Click on the name in the top-right corner of the Dashboard.
- In the drop-down menu, select Switch Teams.
- Click on the name of the team that you'd like to jump into.
- At that point, you'll be redirected to the team account you selected - you can always double-check the name that appears in the top corner to make sure you're where you want to be.