The Edit Widgets Panel displays controls for all the widgets on the campaign so that you can edit and arrange them. When the Campaign Builder loads, the Edit Widgets Panel is open by default. You can close and reopen it by clicking on its icon on the left side of the page.
When the panel is open and Auto Layout is turned off, you can click and drag the header to move it around the work space and position it where you'd like it. With Auto Layout turned on, it will appear in the top-left hand corner of your workspace.
Click on the Edit Widgets Panel button at the top-left of the Campaign Builder.
If you'd like to move the Edit Widgets Panel to a different place on your screen, click the Auto Layout icon to turn off Auto Layout, then just click and drag the panel to your desired location.
The following actions are available in the Edit Widgets Panel.
- Expand all containers: Click to automatically expand all containers in your campaign (if any).
- Collapse all containers: Clicking this automatically collapses all containers in your campaign (if any).
- Show/Hide CSS IDs: This icon will hide CSS IDs if they're showing, and show them if they're currently hidden. CSS IDs are showing by default.
- Select a Widget: Click on a widget to select it and perform further actions; the widget will highlight in blue.
- Reorder Widgets: Click and drag a widget within the Edit Widget Panel to a new position within the campaign.
- Rename a Widget: Double-click the name of a widget to rename it. The name will turn into an editable field. After you rename the widget, press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard to save the new name. Click anywhere outside the field to cancel the change.
- Change Visibility: By default, every widget you add is visible to everyone when the campaign is published. Hover over a widget and click on its eye icon to open the Visibility Menu. For more information, see the Widget Visibility help doc.
- Editing a Widget: Hover over a widget and click on its pencil icon to open the Edit Widget settings. You can learn more about the settings in our Widget Reference documentation.
- View the CSS ID: CSS IDs are displayed by default; they're listed just under the name of the widget.
When the CSS IDs are toggled off, you can still view them by hovering over the widget; the CSS ID will appear in a tooltip.
- View collected entries: Clicking the Entries Manager icon on a Form or Entry Display Widget will direct you to the Entries Manager for the list that is connected to that widget, so you can view the entries in more detail.
- Edit form in Form Designer: Clicking the Design Form icon on a Form or Entry Display Widget will open the Form Designer in a pop-up, allowing you to make changes to the connected form.
- Search Widgets: Type any part of the name of any of your widgets into the search field to have matching widgets highlighted for you, making it easy to get around when you're working on a campaign with a large number of widgets.
- Copy Widget(s): Copy the selected widget(s) and settings. If a Container Widget is selected, this feature copies the Container Widget and all the widgets inside the container. You can also copy widget(s) using Ctrl+C (PC) or Cmd+C (Mac). The Copy/Paste feature works cross-campaign, which means you can copy widgets from one campaign and paste them into another.
- Paste Widget(s): Paste any copied widget(s) and settings. If a Container Widget is selected, this feature pastes the Container Widget and all the widgets inside the container. You can also paste widget(s) using Ctrl+V (PC) or Cmd+V (Mac). The Copy/Paste feature works cross-campaign, which means you can copy widgets from one campaign and paste them into another.
- Put Selected Widget(s) in Container: Select your widgets and then click this button to automatically add a Container Widget to the campaign and place the selected widgets inside it.
- Remove Visibility Settings: Select a widget and then click this button to remove the visibility settings for the selected widget.
- Delete a Widget: Select a widget and click on the trash can button to delete the widget. If a Container Widget is selected, the Container Widget and all the widgets inside the container will be deleted. A popup will display, allowing you to confirm the deletion before it takes place.
- View the CSS ID: Whether or not the CSS ID is toggled on or off, the CSS ID will display in the footer for the selected widget.