In the past, the only way to publish campaigns directly to your Facebook Page, import FB/Instagram Post comments, or create Instagram Feeds was to have admin access to the needed Facebook Page. Now, routing permissions through Facebook Business Manager instead; you can grant any other Facebook user the ability to publish campaigns, run comment contests, or create feeds without giving them complete admin access to your Page.
This doc will walk you through the steps to add the appropriate permissions to another Facebook user so that they can use Facebook and Instagram-related ShortStack features without being a Page admin.
Note: A big thing to remember when granting people permissions in Facebook Business Manager is that permissions can always be edited or revoked; so don't stress too much if you accidentally give someone extra permissions, or don't give them enough to do what they need.
1. Open Facebook Business Manager and pull up your business.
2. Click the Business Settings button in the top-right corner.
3. This should open a new tab, and the People section should be open by default; if not, click the People option on the left-hand side.
4. Click the Add button next to the search bar at the top of the list.
5. In this Invite People popup, add the email address(es) of the person/people to whom you want to grant access - the Employee access slider will be on by default, and we recommend leaving the Admin access slider set to off.
6. Click Next.
7. This will bring you to the Assign Access screen. Click to check the circle next to each Page (under the Select Assets section) to which you'd like to grant access.
8a. If you want to grant access to publish campaigns as custom tabs to your Facebook Page, you will need to grant the Publish content permission on the right. Do note that this will automatically grant the Moderate messages and comments, Create ads, and View Page performance permissions as well.
8b. If you'd like to grant access to create feeds and run comment contests, you will need to grant the Moderate messages and comments permission on the right. This will also automatically grant the Create ads and View Page performance permissions.
9. For both publishing and feeds/comment contests, you will also need to grant the Manage jobs permission.
10. Click the Invite button to send the access invitation.
11. You will receive a confirmation message letting you know that the invitation has been sent, and how many accounts were involved. Click the blue Done button to close the popup.
On your end, everything's set up! You will see the person appear in your list as Pending until they've confirmed everything on their end.
The person to whom you shared access will have a few more steps.
1. They'll begin by opening the invitation in their email and clicking the Get Started button.
2. A new tab will open where they will be asked to type their name into the Your Name field. This is the name that will appear inside Business Manager. Once the name is typed in, they would click Continue.
3. Then, for Facebook to be able to verify the account, the new person would need to log into Facebook with the account under the email address that was used for the invitation. The email will be already selected; they just enter the password into the Password field and click the Verify with Facebook button.
Once logged in, they'll be directed to the Business Manager - they can then close the tab if they'd like, since they have all that they require to be able to use the ShortStack features they need.
For information on running a comment contest, feed, or publishing to Facebook; you can check the following help docs: