In the past, the only way to import FB/Instagram Post comments or create Instagram Feeds was to have admin access to the needed Facebook Page. Now, routing permissions through Meta Business Manager instead; you can grant any other Facebook user the ability to publish campaigns, run comment contests, or create feeds without giving them complete admin access to your Page.
This doc will walk you through the steps to add the appropriate permissions to another Facebook user so that they can use Facebook and Instagram-related ShortStack features without being a Page admin.
Note: A big thing to remember when granting people permissions in Facebook Business Manager is that permissions can always be edited or revoked; so don't stress too much if you accidentally give someone extra permissions, or don't give them enough to do what they need. Also - you will need to have Admin permissions in Meta Business Manager itself to make any changes.
1. Open Meta Business Suite and pull up your business.
2. Click the Settings option on the bottom left. Then, click on Business Settings, it will open a new tab.
3. The Business Settings section will open, and the People tab should be open by default; if not, click the People link on the left-hand side.
4. Click the Invite People button next to the search bar at the top of the list.
5. In this Invite People popup, add the email address(es) of the person/people to whom you want to grant access - the Employee access slider will be on by default, and we recommend leaving the Admin access slider set to off.
6. Click Next.
7. This will bring you to the Assign Access screen. Click to check the circle next to each Page (under the Select Assets section) to which you'd like to grant access.
8. If you'd like to grant access to create feeds and run comment contests, you will need to grant the Moderate messages and comments permission on the right. This will also automatically grant the Create ads and View Page performance permissions.
9. Click the Invite button to send the access invitation.
10. You will receive a confirmation message letting you know that the invitation has been sent, and how many accounts were involved. Click the blue Done button to close the popup.
On your end, everything's set up! You will see the new user appear in your list as Pending until they've confirmed everything on their end.
The person to whom you shared access will have a few more steps.
1. They'll begin by opening the invitation in their email and clicking the Get Started button.
2. A new tab will open where they will be asked to type their name into the Your Name field. This is the name that will appear inside Meta Business Suite. Once the name is typed in, they would click Continue.
3. The user will want to look over the business' information and make sure this is all correct; once that's done, they'd click Continue once more.
3. After a final round of review, they'll want to click the Accept Invitation button.
4. For security reasons, your new user will then be asked to provide his/her password. They'll type it into the field and click Submit.
Once logged in, they'll be directed to the Business Manager - they can then close the tab if they'd like, since they have all that they require to be able to use the ShortStack features they need.