ShortStack's Template Gallery is the first stop on the road to building a new campaign–if you're not starting with a copy of an existing campaign. We try to make it as easy as possible to find the exact type of template you need to get started; or, if you want to start from scratch, that's an option as well.
Finding a Template
On the left, you'll see your main navigation; use these options to look through the gallery:
Clicking on the Public, Private, or Favorited (heart icon) buttons will show only templates from that particular section:
- Public: Templates built and provided for your use by ShortStack.
- Private: Templates built and saved by you or your teammates.
- Favorited (Heart): Templates that you have favorited in the Template Gallery by clicking the template's associated heart icon.
Filter by Category...
This drop-down allows you to select a specific category of templates to look through. By default, the navigation on the left will show thumbnails for all templates. When you select a category, only the templates from your selected category will be shown.
Below the category drop-down is the search bar. If you know the name of the template you want to use (or you have a general feature or idea you want to use), type that into the search bar and hit Enter/Return. If there are any matches, the thumbnails will be displayed below.
Under the search bar are thumbnails of any templates that match your search/filtering criteria. By default, this section will show all available templates and will narrow down as you add filters. Click on the thumbnail of any template to display that template in the preview area on the right, and click the heart icon next to any thumbnail to add that template to your favorites list.
The Preview Area
The rest of the Template Gallery pop-up (to the right of the navigation) is your preview area; this displays a working preview of the template you've selected using the options on the left. There are also some navigational/display options at the top:
- Width Toggle: Clicking the icon will switch the preview area to the full width of the pop-up so that you can use more of your screen to take a look. Clicking the icon will switch it back to the original width.
- Favorite (Heart) Button: Clicking the heart icon, just like in the navigation options, will add the currently displayed template to your list of favorited templates.
- Previous/Next: These buttons allow you to cycle through the different templates that are in your current filtered results. In between the buttons, you'll see what number result you are displaying and the total number of templates that meet your filter criteria.
- Use This Template: When you've decided that you want to use the currently displayed template, click this button to get started and jump into the Campaign Builder with that template as your base.