In the Campaign Builder, whenever you'd like to add an image to your campaign--whether it be as a background to a widget, an image inside an Image Widget, or various other places--you'll be directed to the Media Selector to select the image you'd like to use. In this guide, we'll walk you through how to upload your own image, or use an image from the Pixabay library that's available to you at no additional cost.
Depending on where you are in the Campaign Builder, accessing the Media Selector will be slightly different.
- When using the Image Widget: Open the widget settings and enter the Setup section, where you can click Select Image to open the selector.
- When changing the background of a container or widget: Open the Style Panel, and click the This [Widget Type] tab, then open the Widget section; you'll click the image icon that appears next to the Widget Background Image field.
- If adding an image to a Rich Text Widget: Open the widget settings, then click on the Insert/Edit Image icon at the top of the rich text editor. In the pop-up, click the folder search icon to the right of the Source field.
The Media Selector will pop up in its own window, and from here you have multiple options; using an existing image, uploading your own image, entering a URL that points to an image online, or using an image from the Pixabay stock image library.
The general process is the same for each one - move the image from wherever it is into your Media Library, then select the image you've moved over to use it in your campaign.
Regardless of which method you use, you have some filtering and search tools at your disposal to find a specific image once it's been moved into your library:
- The number of assets is displayed in the top-left corner so that you can see how many images are in your library at a quick glance.
- The sorting drop-down allows you to sort your images in three ways: In order by the Newest uploads, Oldest uploads, or by image Name.
- The search bar allows you to search your images; typically you'd search for a word or phrase that's part of the image file's name.
- The slider bar button () opens a pop-up that allows you to filter your media even more granularly; in this pop-up, you can filter by Tag, Image Size, the Date Added, and even File Type. Just configure your filter the way that you'd like, then click the Apply Filters button.
- The image size slider allows you to change the display of your images so that the thumbnails shown are either smaller or larger, allowing you to see them more clearly when scrolling through them in the selector.
Note: This slider doesn't affect the actual size of the images themselves; just how the thumbnails are displayed in the selector.
If you've already used the Media Manager to upload your image, then you've already done half the work! For information on how to upload images in that way, check out our Media Manager help doc.
To use your uploaded image, click the thumbnail of the image you want to use (it will highlight in gray with a blue outline), then click the Use Selected button.
There are a couple of different ways to upload your own image; dragging and dropping the file from your computer's desktop, or selecting the file from a specific place on your hard drive.
If the file that you'd like to use lives on your desktop (or any other easily accessible folder), you can drag and drop it into the Media Library. It will upload the file, then you'd click on the uploaded image to select it and click Use Selected.
If you'd like to upload a file from your computer, click Select Files in the top right.
A window will pop up allowing you to navigate to and select the image you'd like to use. Once selected, the image will upload to the library; you'd then click to highlight it and click Use Selected.
Note: The maximum filesize for an image on our platform is 10mb. The accepted file formats are png, jpg, and gif.
If the image you want to use is already stored somewhere else online, click on Enter URL in the top right.
A field will pop in that allows you to type or paste the URL where your image is located. Once you have it entered in, click on the Upload button.
The image will then appear in your Media Library, where you can click on it to highlight it, then click Use Selected.
The final option would be to use an image from our courtesy stock library, provided by Pixabay. Click on Pixabay at the top of the selector, then use the search bar to filter through the results to find an appropriate image to use. Once you've found one, click on the image you'd like to use.
Then, click on Save to Media Library to save a copy of that stock image to your Media Library.
Once that's done, click on Media Library to flip back to your images and you'll see the stock image you saved - now just click to highlight it and then click Use Selected.